Is the way you do relationships tearing your life and heart apart?
Finding the right person for you isn't always easy. If you are searching for love or a relationship, you know that it is more difficult for you. As much as you crave a solid stable relationship, the pattern that you have been in isn't getting you that.
HERE ARE SOME SIGNS YOU MIGHT BE STRUGGLING WITH LOVE OR RELATIONSHIP ADDICTION:
- Dropping everything for your relationship
- Your partner often pulls away, and may even feel "smothered"
- Obsessing about him, or fantasizing about past memories or possible romantic opportunities.
- Compulsion, it's the acting out behaviors that make you feel you "can't stop." Such as checking emails/texts/calls without permission, identifying other women he may be attracted to and making yourself too available
- Acting out despite the emotional, legal, physical, financial, spiritual, health or work-related consequences
- Fear of real healthy intimacy, vulnerability, abandonment, rejection, and being alone.
- Your tolerance of the situation increases and as this happens you continue to sacrifice your needs and values because your focus is to "make it work" at any cost
I CAN HELP!
Understanding what is happening is important, but finding a way to get out of the old pattern is even better. Not only will it improve your romantic relationships- healing your relationship and love addiction will transform so many other areas of your life. Counseling can help you:
- Change your relationships with family, friends, and coworkers
- Improve your self-image, confidence and self-care
- Feel confident about the decisions you make in your relationships
- Allow you to comfortably say no to others without overwhelming fear or guilt
- Learn how to cope with intense emotions so you don't feel compelled to do things you later regret
- Develop an ability to connect with your true worthiness
- Learn to make choices that honor you
- Heal childhood issues such as trauma and abuse if they are impacting your present day life